“Treatment Package”: the treatment or procedures that will be carried out at the Clinic as set out in your Treatment Letter and for which you have agreed to pay a Fixed Price.
The London GMC Clinic only uses information from sources believed to be correct, but the website may contain inaccuracies. The use of information from The London GMC Clinic website is at your own risk. The London GMC Clinic will assume no liability relating to any errors on The London GMC Clinic website.
Information on The London GMC Clinic website is not intended as a substitute for medical advice and may not be used to diagnose or treat any health condition without the consultation of a qualified health care provider.
The London GMC Clinic does not accept responsibility or liability for any treatment outcome, consultations, medical decisions or diagnoses.
Our Consultants are independently insured and are solely responsible for their own decisions and outcome of their treatment.
If you are dissatisfied with any treatment, consultation or diagnosis, the responsibility lies with the consultant involved and NOT The clinic itself i.e. The London GMC Clinic.
Please read these Terms carefully. They set out the basis upon which you will be provided with treatment at The London GMC Clinic.
The London GMC Clinic may update these Terms from time to time, however changes to the Terms will only apply to any new treatment or Treatment Package you receive, at which point you will be asked to agree to any new Terms before they come into effect. Note that any new Terms will not apply to a Treatment Package which is part-way through when the Terms are changed.
Please ensure you read the Terms in relation to our charges carefully.
If you want to check the cost of your care or treatment, please ask. Alternatively, you can find our fees at https://londonobsgyn.co.uk/ or by phone (+44 (0) 783 872 7124). In addition, you can ask for a copy of the fees prior to seeing the doctor before registration. Please ask us if there is anything you would like explained further before you sign the Registration Form.
Please pay particular attention to the sections in these Terms about Consultants. Consultants involved in your Care are independent practitioners and are not employees of London GMC Clinic. The Contract between you and The London GMC Clinic for your Care is different from (and separate to) the contract that you have with your Consultant (which may or may not be written). If you are unsure about how your Contract works, please ask.
(This section will apply if you are covered by private medical insurance)
b. Please note, each insurance company requires that we abide by agreed fees set up in their schedule and that these fees may differ from our published fees.
c. Where we process your insurance claim and your insurer pays us direct, the rate agreed between The London GMC Clinic and your insurer (rather than the London GMC Clinic standard rates) will apply to your Care. If your insurer fails to settle our invoices (or any part of them) within 30 days of the date of issue we will assume that the outstanding amount will not be paid by your insurer and we may invoice you direct or debit the balance from your credit or debit cards in accordance with the process set out in paragraph 24 below;
d. If we invoice you for your Care or an element therewith, you agree to pay us the amount invoiced within the time limits set out therein. If you do not think that we have invoiced you correctly, please let us know as soon as possible so we can deal with any errors or misunderstandings.
7. You should specify to the consultant the service that you require.
a. Consultation: is where you request a consultant opinion regarding a particular health complaints; a maximum of three Gynaecological complaints allowed per one consultation.
b. Ultrasound: is where you request an Ultrasound scan only. The consultant may ask you for the reason for the scan. The consultant will explain the results of the scan after scan examination but will not make any suggestion or diagnosis. You are advised to take these results to your doctor and discuss your complaint with him/her.
c. Colposcopy: This involves a consultation to allow the doctor to look into your complaint, examine any abnormal smear results and discuss the results of the colposcopy. At the end of the procedure the doctor can make recommendations for treatment.
Colposcopy involves examination of the cervix by a microscope. This allows a diagnosis of abnormal areas which may need a biopsy. It is not always possible to make a diagnosis by Colposcopy and a small biopsy may be taken from abnormal areas to reach a diagnosis. This will incur separate charge.
d. Termination of pregnancy: Fees for termination of pregnancies are offered as a package: Medical termination: this implies termination by pill and includes a consultation (to examine the reasons for your request, your gynecology, obstetric, medical and drug history) and an Ultrasound to ascertain the position and duration of the pregnancy. It does not include full examination of the uterus nor the ovaries. An ultrasound scan may be performed by the healthcare assistant or nurse who has been trained by the consultant.
The package includes: a blood test to check your blood group and a hemoglobin check as well as a chlamydia and gonorrhea sexual health screen the latter test is optional. It also includes medications to induce abortion, one dose of antibiotics and one pack of analgesic. Furthermore, it includes any visit, which may prove necessary due to any complications with the termination (only up to a maximum of four weeks after the termination has taken place).
For any other complaint not related to the termination you will be advised to see your GP or to book a separate appointment for a gynaecology consultation.
Surgical termination under local anaesthesia: termination is carried out under local anesthesia which is applied to the cervix only and will be accompanied by pain similar to labour or very bad period pain during the suction process.
Surgical termination under sedation: the termination is carried out by suction under conscious sedation. This means that you may be able to respond to commands and that the pain relief is significant but may be felt mildly on occasion throughout the procedure.
The package includes: any necessary visit related to the termination (up to a maximum of four weeks). For any other complaint, not related to the termination, you will be advised to see your GP or book a separate appointment for a gynaecology consultation.
e. Tests: Laboratory or office tests may be required to assist the doctor in reaching an appropriate diagnosis. These will be recommended by the consultant after a consultation at which point the fees will be explained. These tests will only be carried out after your consent.
f. Blood or swab tests may be requested without consultation subject to administration fees. You must inform us what tests you require, and you must discuss the results with your doctor/gynaecologist or at a follow up consultation.
Surgery: your fixed price package does not include an initial consultation. It includes surgery fees; theatre fees and one follow up (up to four weeks after surgery).
You will be requested to settle all fees incurred at the end of your visit.
What happens if I decide not to go ahead?
8. If you decide not to go ahead with your Treatment Package, you will need to pay for the Care that you have received up to the point of cancellation. This will be charged at The London GMC Clinic Standard Rates, but you will not have to pay more than the Fixed Price in relation to items which are included in the Fixed Price. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee in accordance with paragraph 18 below if you cancel your treatment within 48 hours of a scheduled appointment or admission date.
9. If you have already paid for your Treatment Package, we will refund your payment, less any amount that you owe to The London GMC Clinic and/or the Consultant (as relevant, see Paragraph 17 below). Please note that we will pay any refund (by cheque) only to the person who made the original payment. We do not pay cash refunds
10. If your Consultant cancels your Treatment Package because they consider it is not in your best interests medically, and you have already paid for your Treatment Package, we will refund your payment less any consultation or investigation fees that were necessary to reach that decision.
What happens if I suffer complications?
(Note time limits applying to cosmetic treatment and termination packages)
11. Whilst The London GMC Clinic and your Consultants will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no clinical procedure is risk-free and the results of any particular treatment cannot be guaranteed with complete certainty.
You can find treatment summaries containing information on a range of treatments, including common complications, on The London GMC Clinic website at https://londonobsgyn.co.uk/
12. Your Fixed Price includes the cost of treating, at a Clinic, any clinical complications identified by your Consultant as arising directly out of the treatment you received as part of your Treatment Package, provided that you have followed the advice of your Consultants and any other medical professionals involved in your Care. For all cosmetic Treatment Packages, the date any clinical complication is identified by your Consultant must be within 12 months of your original treatment date.
What happens if I’m unhappy with the outcome of my cosmetic Treatment Package?
13. If your Consultant agrees that the aesthetic outcome of your cosmetic treatment was not in line with the expected outcome that was discussed and documented with your Consultant before your treatment, then your Fixed Fee will include the cost of one episode of aesthetic revision treatment so long as you notify the Clinic, in writing, within 12 months of your original treatment date. If you are unhappy with the outcome of any aesthetic revision treatment, then any further treatment will be not be included in your Fixed Price. Treatment for clinical complications and aesthetic revisions includes any consultations, out-patient, day-care and in-patient treatment that your Consultant advises.
If we are unable to be readmitted to The London GMC Clinic we reserve the right to refer you to your GP and NHS for treatment.
(This section will apply if you are paying for your own care other than as part of a treatment package)
14. If your Care is not paid for by an insurer (individual, employer or medico-legal company) directly, it is not covered by a Fixed Price Treatment Package and you will be charged at The London GMC Clinic standard rate. You will be invoiced for the fees of the service that you received.
15. If you are an out-patient and require surgery, you will need to pay for your Care prior to or on the day you attend The London GMC Clinic. You will need to pay a deposit (which may be the amount of the estimated costs of our Care) seven days before you are admitted and settle your account on the day of the surgery with your credit/debit card upon at least seven days of notice to you, in accordance with paragraph 24 below.
16. If your Consultant’s fees are not included in your invoice, you will need to settle these directly with your Consultant.
(This section applies to all private patients)
17. Consultants (your attention is particularly drawn to this paragraph):
a. Whilst at the the London GMC Clinic you will be under the Care of the Consultant who carried out your surgery. He/she may also involve other Consultants in your Care, if appropriate. The London GMC Clinic, including nurses, will provide your Care under your Consultant’s instructions.
b. Consultants involved in your Care are independent practitioners and are not employees of The London GMC Clinic. Accordingly, The London GMC Clinic will not be liable for any act or omission of a Consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the Consultants). The Consultant will be responsible for the Care he/she gives you.
c. Any Consultant’s fees relating to your Care will be charged to you by The London GMC Clinic as a package. Self-employed consultants are paid a daily rate which includes fees paid to The London GMC Clinic. Such fees will normally be at the beginning or the end of your treatment.
18. Cancellations: There are no refunds provided for cancellations but we are happy to reschedule your appointment or provide you with a credit note for the same amount to be used within 12 months, provided the cancellation is made no less than 24 hours prior to your appointment time. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if you cancel any appointment with The London GMC Clinic within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment or admission date. A cancellation fee may be based on any Care that you have received up to the point of cancellation and/or any other reasonable costs that the Clinic has incurred. Your Treatment Letter may also set out any specific cancellation fee that applies to your Treatment Package or Care.
19. Credit/Debit Card: You are responsible for settling the cost of your Care before you are admitted or shortly after leaving The London GMC Clinic. We will ask you for your credit or debit card details when you come into The London GMC Clinic or when you make your appointment. You understand that we will keep these details for up to six months after the last date of your Care or other appointment with your Consultant. If you have not paid before you leave the Clinic, you agree that we can debit the outstanding balance and any cancellation fees from your card with at least seven days of notice to you.
(This section applies to all patients who are not ordinarily resident in the UK)
20. If you are not ordinarily resident in the UK you will be liable to pay charges if you require NHS treatment whilst in the UK, whether related to your Care at the London GMC Clinic (for example if you require treatment that the London GMC Clinic does not agree to provide) or not.
By signing a Registration Form and agreeing to these Terms you confirm that you have leave to enter the UK and that you meet all relevant immigration criteria. You also confirm that you have made adequate arrangements to pay for your Care. The London GMC Clinic may contact the Home Office or UK Border Agency (as relevant) to clarify any information regarding your leave to enter or remain in the UK in connection with your Care.
(This section applies to all patients)
21. Your contract with The London GMC Clinic: By signing the Registration Form you agree to be bound by these Terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Treatment Letter or Registration Form, these Terms will take precedence. If there is any inconsistency between the Contract and any marketing material, the Contract will take precedence. The London GMC Clinic may update these Terms from time to time, however any changes will apply only to new treatment or a new Treatment Package that you receive. You will be asked to agree to any new Terms before they become effective for you. Note that any new Terms will not apply to any Treatment Package which is part-way through when the Terms are changed.
22. The London GMC Clinic standard rates: Unless the Terms or your Treatment Letter (if applicable) provide otherwise, The London GMC Clinic Standard Rates will apply to your Care. If you want to check the cost of your care or treatment, please ask. You can check the London GMC Clinic standard rates at https://londonobsgyn.co.uk/fees, by phoning The London GMC Clinic or by asking for a copy when you are at the Clinic.
23. Notices and your contact details: It is important that you keep us updated of any changes in your contact details.
24. Your property: Clinics can be busy environments. Whilst we will take all Care to ensure the safety of your belongings, The London GMC Clinic does not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your or your visitors’ property.
26. Children: Where a person signs a Registration Form as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under the age of 18 who is under their Care, they agree that they will be bound by these Terms, even if that child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these Terms.
Under these circumstances, the references in these Terms to “you” and “your” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in so far as such references relate to any obligation to pay for any Care provided by The London GMC Clinic to that child.
27. Changes in Applicable Law: You acknowledge and accept that Applicable Law may change and prevent The London GMC Clinic from providing certain Care. If TheLondon GMC Clinic becomes aware that such a change has occurred, and the change has an effect on your Care, The London GMC Clinic will contact you to inform you of this and its consequences.
28. Third party rights: Except for you or The London GMC Clinic, no person will have any rights under or in connection with these Terms.
29. Law and the Courts: These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
“Applicable Law”: any and all laws, regulations, guidelines and professional obligations applicable to the provision of Care or the performance of services for you, including the requirements as regards treatment, procurement, research and storage of reproductive material;
“Care”: care, treatment, diagnosis, services (including sundry items) and goods provided by us;
“Consultants”: all consultants, surgeons, anaesthetists and self- employed GPs involved in your Care;
“Contract”: these Terms, along with the Registration Form and, if applicable, your Treatment Letter;
“Fixed Price”: how much you will pay for your Treatment Package, as set out in your Treatment Letter;
“Clinic”: The London GMC Clinic clinic;
“Private Patients”: all patients that are not
NHS patients and includes patients who are covered by medical insurance and patients who are paying for their own treatment, whether by way of a Treatment Package or otherwise;
The London GMC Clinic “we” or “us”: The London GMC Clinic where the Clinic in which you receive your Care is operated by The London GMC Clinic Limited;
“Terms”: these terms and conditions;
“Treatment Letter”: the letter that we send to you (if applicable) regarding your Treatment Package or Care;
“Treatment Package”: the treatment or procedures that will be carried out at the Clinic as set out in your Treatment Letter and for which you have agreed to pay a Fixed Price.